Guys I need a good career advice. I am currently working in a IT consulting firm as a junior java developer. My firm wants to upgrade my skills. Since its a consulting firm they want to add extra skills in me to make me more productive. They have given me two options java with FLEX or java with TIBCO. I can either learn Flex or TIBCO. But I am not able to decide which technology should i choose to upgrade my skills. I want to know which technology would be more beneficial in my career and in the future of IT. Since I just started my creer in java, learning new tools means a lot to me. Plz advice..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Since I've heard of Flex and not Tibco I know that my company is interested in Flex, but that doesn't mean yours is. Why not talk to someone at your company about the pros and cons of each?

If they really want to upgrade your skills, they should give you some real work to do, rather than dumping you into more classes to learn more technologies that you will only barely have a grasp on.

Sounds like some Indian body shop, only interested in stuffing employees' resumees with tons and tons of buzzwords to make them seem competent.

if they're really interesting, they would've given you some explanation of what exactly it does .. reading that could help you out a lot, but as stated before, I think you're better of actually working than just following a lot of courses without knowing you're going to need it afterwards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.