As the title states, I'm trying to learn how to create a custom GUI window for Windows. Basically I'm asking how I can output pixels to the screen without using any of the default windows gui classes.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I hope we're allowed to bump here.
Bump?

The reason you are not getting any replies Nicholas is because what you are trying to do isn't doable.

The reason you are not getting any replies Nicholas is because what you are trying to do isn't doable.

It is doable.....
Not simple,
But doable.

Well, to be honest, I'm not looking for something "simple". I'm looking for something to help expand my knowledge. If I have to ask questions about it, then so be it.

Basically I'm asking how I can output pixels to the screen without using any of the default windows gui classes.

It seems that you might want to create and use your own windows classes. Perhaps start by reading about Window Classes.

Or if you really just want to simply output pixels on the screen, then see SetPixel Function.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.