Dear Sir/Madam,

As I have seen VB 6.0 is supporting Icon files, Metafiles and BMP files for using in the PictureBox property of ImageBox, PictureBox, and CommandButton.

I have tried ICON file to use on those Controls, but some ICON files are supported and some are not supported. So, I am confused, because all that files are ICON files.

I want to know, which format of ICON files are supported and which are not supported and how I will identify those ICON files?

Can we use PNG file in VB 6.0 ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi P.manidas,

I use icon created by microangelo icon creator and its Setup File Name is 'mt610-10-1-eval'. You can download this file from internet using Google etc.
VB support 256 Colors with 48X48 or 32x32 or 16x16 dimensions.

Hope this helps

all icon files comes with .ICO extension. You may also able to use .CUR (Cursor files) also.

Dear all Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your valuable reply.

Hi P.manidas,
Please mark Resolved if your problem is solved. So that Helpers will not spend their time reading this thread and those who need help with same problem can solve their problem by reading this thread.
Thankx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.