Today is my first day on this site. I am vey new to VB.NET, i have a good amount of experience in VB6. I have a application I wrote for my Aikido club to track hours and I am converting it to .NET. The code below is very basic and works fine. However I want to change the granularity of the Sql search to:
Sql = "Select Aikidomember.lname,Aikidomember.fname,Aikidomember.ranking,Aikidomember.lasttest from Aikidomember Where S_Status = 'Active' order by Aikidomember.lname"
So I tried to make it as simple as possible, I took all of the code below, put it in a button, changed the Sql statement.
The Below code returns 120 students. When I use the above Sql it SHOULD return 38, however it returns 158! to it is just appending the new data. I have tried using con.dispose instead of close and no luck.... Help! :)
dbProvider = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" dbSource = "Data Source = C:/Aikido/AikidoResources.mdb" con.ConnectionString = dbProvider & dbSource con.Open() Sql = "Select Aikidomember.lname,Aikidomember.fname,Aikidomember.ranking,Aikidomember.lasttest from Aikidomember order by Aikidomember.lname" da = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(Sql, con) da.Fill(ds, "AikidoMember") MaxRows = ds.Tables("AikidoMember").Rows.Count TotalCnt.Text = MaxRows inc = -1 con.Close()
Edited 6 Years Ago by __avd: Added [code] tags. For easy readability, always wrap programming code within posts in [code] (code blocks).