••••i am trying to build a clock using python where the clock is about 1/2 an earth second, it would have 11 seconds in a minute, it would have 5 minutes in an hour, and it would have 3 hours in a day. it would also have 3 months per year, each month would be 5, 3 and 4 days respectively. And its current year now is 9977. it would have 2 modes, a fast mode and a regular mode.
I need to know how to start this, how to defined the variables and functions.
Can anyone please help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pyTony

Think first. Think about what you said. And put into the code. Simple... Ok, I'm actually going to give you a hand. So you want, 11 seconds in a minute, 5 minutes in an hour, 3 hours in a day and 3 months per year, and I don't know what you mean by, "each month would be 5, 3 and 4 days respectively". Anyway, now you obviously read what tbone2sk said, and you obviously already know that time.sleep counts in seconds. So, lets do a bit of maths revision:

oneMinute = 11 seconds
oneHour = 60(One Minute) * 5 = 300 seconds
oneDay = 300(One Hour) * 3 = 900 seconds
oneMonth = 900(One Day) * 30 = 27000 seconds
threeMonths = 27000(One Month) * 3 = 81000 seconds

This looks well complicated, and well it is complicated, why? Why is it so complicated? Why do you need it for? Anyway. I basically gave you the answer, at least I tried. Nevertheless, I am in a good mood, so lets do it together. First you have to import the module/library (import time), then you basically need to put my calculations variables. For example:

import time
oneMinute = time.sleep(11)

And that's basically it. You get what I mean, well I probably did not answer what you were looking for, but that's because you could be a little bit more precise, but at least I might give a new idea, for what ever weird thing you're doing. I will be happy in helping you, if the answer that I gave you, was the kind of answer that did not help you. Hope it helps, and good luck, because you will need. Dan08

i think is what he meant was instead of months being 30,28, and 31, he replaces with 5, 4 qand 3 on respective months

import time
minc=0
minh=0
def onesecond():

time.sleep(0.5)

def oneminute():
minc=0
while minc<11:
minc+=1
onesecond()
print("Second: "+str(minc))

def onehour():
minh=0
while minh<5:
minh+=1
oneminute()
print("Minute: "+str(minh))

def oneday():
mind=0
while mind<3:
mind+=1
onehour()
print("Day: "+str(mind))
def onemonth():
minm=0
while minm<4:
minm+=1
oneday()
print("Month: "+str(minm))
def oneyear():
miny=0
while miny<3:
miny+=1
onemonth()
print("Year: "+str(miny))

oneyear()

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.