hey guys, I've just joined this group and i have problem which i believe you can help!!!!
I want to know how to make a c program read from an application program like Microsoft excel and them writes the results with its printf().

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by serious01

> read from an application program like Microsoft excel
Do you mean this?

Or do you mean read from "excel format" .xls files, and print that?
http://www.microsoft.com/interop/docs/officebinaryformats.mspx
Get ready for a long reading session.

I'd like to thank you for the attempt but the thing is that the c program must read the computations from this application program i.e. the excel program and this c program should print the output on screen
thanks alot
serious01

> must read the computations from this application program i.e. the excel program and this c program should print the output on screen
If you're thinking of rummaging around in the address space of another process to see what it is up to - good luck!

sounds like a big project.

show us what you've done so far.

I have done some bit of the introduction but my main worry is joining the application and c program. that is what i've failed to do

personally, this sounds like a ridiculously hard task for little to no benefit.

i'm not sure why you're even wanting to do what you describe.

i'm not even sure if it can be done.

i'd love to thank yo for your help, I made a mistake the thing was that this program had to read from and to a file.
sorry that i made things so hard.
but atleast i got the ideas

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.