I'm having some trouble finding a place to put this question, since I don't have any insight in coding. Please let me know if the thread is misplaced, and I'll move it.

Question:
I have an idea of an app for iPhone/any smart phone and before I move on with the idea I need to know if the following is even doable.

You'll have to take a picture of text (on paper) with the phone's camera and the app will have to interpret the text and "know" what letters/words are used. It that far off, or is it possible to do with the current technology?

Do you know of any examples where it's been used before?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You may first try it in your pc , read an image and identify text :D

i think its possible yes, as it is possible with todays scanners... which "take a picture"(scan an image) and then translates it to words...

this is possible with a moblie app, but itll need some sort of text recognition in it, which im sure there is examples out there somewhere

best of luck.

i think its possible yes, as it is possible with todays scanners... which "take a picture"(scan an image) and then translates it to words...

this is possible with a moblie app, but itll need some sort of text recognition in it, which im sure there is examples out there somewhere

best of luck.

Thanks.. :)

look into openCV and pattern finding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.