I have an Antivirus as my project and will like to learn about an antivirus. Please help me out by posting links which will help me learn and also let me know if you have done anything regarding an antivirus and if there is something that will help me in my quest.
Thank You. :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

creating an AV is very hard and long work.. rather join one of the open source projects at sourceforge... where there are plenty of prjoects to help

creating an AV is very hard and long work.. rather join one of the open source projects at sourceforge... where there are plenty of projects to help

Thank You...the website is of immense help. :)
However,I'm working under a professor of mine. So I also need to study a bit from the internet and not just look at codes. So if any one could send me links to websites containing any information about anti virus it would be helpful. :)
Thank you once again. :)

I would second whats already been said, as a project for an educational course a full antivirus is a pretty big task. You could probably write a cut down application that implements the key behaviours and concepts without being a complete solution.
Either way, just hit up google with "How antivirus works" i found a number of good articles that outline the idea, and of course theres every students friend: wikipedia.
I'd recommend that you focus on signature based detection (although you will need to source the signatures) if you decide to go ahead with the project. It shouldnt be too ahrd to implement some form of file scanner that matches file sections to virus signatures. The heuristics and emulation stuff is likely to be way mroe indepth than you want to go for a project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.