Member Avatar for OzY360

Hi I had a quick question about the libraries in C. Is there anything available like the java api library (java.sun.com) but for C? The closest thing I can think of is the MSDN Library but I'm not sure. A comprehensive guide that describes what the various libraries do would be great. The ones I have used so far are stdio.h, string.h, fcntl.h, math.c and unistd.h. I have two books that cover the basics of the standard C library but its not enough since I am applying C to the fundamentals of programming for Operating Systems. One of my assignments is to create a multi level feedback scheduling algorithm & FCFS (first come first serve) and a command line interpreter that supports redirection and IPC (inter process communication/pipes). So yea, any help you guys can offer with regards to the C libraries would be great! Many thanks :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The ones I have used so far are stdio.h, string.h, fcntl.h, math.c and unistd.h. I have two books that cover the basics of the standard C library but its not enough since I am applying C to the fundamentals of programming for Operating Systems.

If you have some spare cash, and as you are looking at *nix systems, I really would recommend Stevens' book. It's the mutt's.

Member Avatar for OzY360

Thanks man, I will definitely look into it :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.