Ok, lets see if I can expain better, unfortunately I am somewhat of a beginner. I am using Microsoft office access 2007, using Microsoft Vista, and visual studio 2008. I am writting a program that uses a GUI to show and change a Access data base. When I first tried to run it from start without debugging, it gave me an error message that said: The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine". After looking through articles I found a suggestion to change the configuration manager to x86. After doing this I received a new error message when I tried to start without debugging it reads:

"Could not find installable ISAM"

This is the code I have entered into form1.cs:

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.ComponentModel;

using System.Data;

using System.Drawing;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace DB3

{

public partial class Form1 : Form

{

DataTable custDataTable;

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection custConnect;

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter custDataAdapter;

BindingSource custBindingSource = new BindingSource();

public Form1()

{

InitializeComponent();

}

private void buttonLD_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

String sqlStr = "Select * From CustomerTable";

custConnect = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection();

custDataTable = new DataTable();

custConnect.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" +

"DataSource=Customer.accdb";

custConnect.Open();

custDataAdapter = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sqlStr, custConnect);

custDataAdapter.Fill(custDataTable);

custBindingSource.DataSource = custDataTable;

customerTableDataGridView.DataSource = custBindingSource;

}

}

}

I just can't seem to figure this out, I won't go into how many hours I have spent on this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ok, lets see if I can expain better, unfortunately I am somewhat of a beginner. I am using Microsoft office access 2007, using Microsoft Vista, and visual studio 2008. I am writting a program that uses a GUI to show and change a Access data base. When I first tried to run it from start without debugging, it gave me an error message that said: The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine". After looking through articles I found a suggestion to change the configuration manager to x86. After doing this I received a new error message when I tried to start without debugging it reads:

"Could not find installable ISAM"

This is the code I have entered into form1.cs:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace DB3
{
	public partial class Form1 : Form
	{
		DataTable custDataTable;
		System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection custConnect;
		System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter custDataAdapter;
		BindingSource custBindingSource = new BindingSource();

public Form1()
		{
			InitializeComponent();
		}
		private void buttonLD_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
		{
			String sqlStr = "Select * From CustomerTable";
			custConnect = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection();
			custDataTable = new DataTable();
			custConnect.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" +
			"DataSource=Customer.accdb";
			custConnect.Open();
			custDataAdapter = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sqlStr, custConnect);
			custDataAdapter.Fill(custDataTable);
			custBindingSource.DataSource = custDataTable;
			customerTableDataGridView.DataSource = custBindingSource;

}
	}
}

I just can't seem to figure this out, I won't go into how many hours I have spent on this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello.

I've looked around and found this MSDN walktrough that should help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171893%28v=VS.80%29.aspx
I also recommend you to use the code-tag for your code, it's easier to read that way.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards Gospp

Wow, can't thank you enough. I could swear this was what I was doing all along but apparently not. Worked through it, the first time through I still got an error. Went to Configuration manager and set to x86, just like before, but this time it actually worked. Horray!!

Hello.

I've looked around and found this MSDN walktrough that should help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171893%28v=VS.80%29.aspx
I also recommend you to use the code-tag for your code, it's easier to read that way.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards Gospp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.