Hello folks,

I am a noob with XML but from what I read it is not a problem, in fact it is much easier that HTML. I have a flash/XML website template but unfortunately the designer did not provide the fla files. From the xml files you could change all the content and pictures so it should be easy but if you wish to alter the flash behavior, forget it. I tried to decompile with no success. The template is made out only from two swf and a bunch of XML files and few pics.

However, right on the front page where the company logo appears, you just type the company name and it is done. But I wish to add a small png file with the logo and have no idea how to do that.

Here is a fragment of the provided xml file:

<Sections id="menu">
        <Menu btnName="FOLIO" p="35" f="Folio" title="OUR WORK" css="folio"></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="FOLIO Gallery" p="35" f="Folio" title="OUR WORK" css="folio"></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="MUSIC" p="45" f="Music" title="MUSIC" css="folio"></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="MOVIES" p="55" f="Videos" title="VIDEOS" css="folio"></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="ABOUT US" p="25" f="About" title="ABOUT US" css="about"></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="ABOUT US 2" p="25" f="About" title="ABOUT US" css="about"></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="NEWS" p="15" f="News" title="NEWS &amp; UPDATES" css="news" ></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="NEWS 2" p="15" f="News" title="NEWS &amp; UPDATES" css="news" ></Menu>
        <Menu btnName="CONTACT" p="65" f="Contact" title="CONTACT US" css="contact"></Menu>
</Sections>

<Sections id="logo">
        <data>XML DESIGN</data>
        <data>COMPANY NAME <br/>CITY, COUNTRY</data>
</Sections>

So how could I include some graphics in the "logo" section, please?

Thank you for reading this message.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't think you can.

First excuse me for my pour english.

You can't add an picture(jpeg,gif,png...) in your XML but you have two ohter choice.

1) add the adress of your company logo
2) code the picture in SVG , an XML format for graphics

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.