};
void main()
{
hugeint a,b,c;
a=10000000000000000000000000000000....100;
b=20;
c=a+b;

}

can any buddy suggest me any simple idea to achieve this..

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pixelerator

Assign it to a std::string or char array. Within your class you can design your own methods for doing operations with the numbers.

Assign it to a std::string or char array. Within your class you can design your own methods for doing operations with the numbers.

yes i know we can do it int that way.i am newbie in c++ can you give me example snippet :)

Try it out for yourself first. Adding is probably the simplest you just have to manage the carries.

Try it out for yourself first. Adding is probably the simplest you just have to manage the carries.

i m trying :)

Post down the code which you have already worked on .. And then ask for specific questions. You get lots of help on this forum in that manner :)

i used the atoi function to convert the chacter array into the number

#include<iostream.h>
#include<conio.h>
void main()
{

char take[100];
int tnt[100];
int i;
clrscr();
i=0;
for(i=0;i<100;i++)
  {
  cin>>take[i];
  }

for(i=0;i<100;1++)
   {
tnt[i]=atoi(take[i]);

}

but it didnt work..
if get all the chachter number into integer array i will go ahead but i am stucked in this !!
getch();
}

Edited by WaltP: Added CODE Tags

If you have a single chr that is a digit then converting it to a number is easy

char achar = '5';
int theint = achar - '0'; // theint now has the value 5

If necessary validate that the char is a digit using isdigit

#include<iostream.h> -- old, do not use
The current header (as of the 1990's) is simply iostream #include<conio.h> -- Non-portable, not standard, do not use void main() -- main() is an int function, not a void. See this clrscr(); -- Non-portable, not standard, do not use tnt[i]=atoi(take[i]); -- Does atoi() take a single character? Look it up.

If the character is >= '0' and <= '9', it's a digit. To convert a digit to a number, subtract '0'. Each of these character are just special numbers so you can do math on them.

Thank you both of :)
it is very helpful now i am go ahead.if i will stucked in another problem i will ask you :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.