Hi Guys,

I've noted that when using Netbeans, .jar file is created when you build your application. if i want executable jar file of my application, can i just take the same generated jar file, or should i create my own .jar via the command prompt. I mean whats the difference between that jar file created by netbeans and the the one i'll creat manually via the prompt?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Make your own.

Hi Guys,

I've noted that when using Netbeans, .jar file is created when you build your application. if i want executable jar file of my application, can i just take the same generated jar file, or should i create my own .jar via the command prompt. I mean whats the difference between that jar file created by netbeans and the the one i'll creat manually via the prompt?

im pretty sure there is no difference (I've done it with eclipse and blueJ so im pretty sure its the same with netBeans). But doing it from an ide is easier i think

im pretty sure there is no difference (I've done it with eclipse and blueJ so im pretty sure its the same with netBeans). But doing it from an ide is easier i think

i've noted that they pretty the same, but i thought to myself; normally automatically generated solutions take defaults settings, which, in most cases, are not the optimal solutions. so i thought there might be design issues.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.