Hey!! I gotten the hang of C programming, logic design n all.. But am having real trouble understanding C++ concepts... My sems are up in a month! Any suggestions on how do i get it done before that???

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Which concepts are you struggling with?

Hey!! I gotten the hang of C programming, logic design n all.. But am having real trouble understanding C++ concepts... My sems are up in a month! Any suggestions on how do i get it done before that???

With that lack of specifics, I would suggest a general study harder and ask more questions.

dunno where shud i start..but am having real trouble understanding file handling...see, i know how to read n write into a file..but lets say i've run the program once n stored some data in to the file say abc.txt, but when i rerun n display the contents it shows the values i entered the first time..the delete function that i use too is useless..on using it n rerunning the program it shows garbage values!!!!

dunno where shud i start..but am having real trouble understanding file handling...see, i know how to read n write into a file..but lets say i've run the program once n stored some data in to the file say abc.txt, but when i rerun n display the contents it shows the values i entered the first time..the delete function that i use too is useless..on using it n rerunning the program it shows garbage values!!!!

I don't fully understand what you mean, could you maybe post some (minimal) code to demonstrate your problem? Don't forget to use code tags.
Also, please write full English sentences, otherwise your posts are very hard to read.

commented: Truth is good. I liked your sig link too, btw. +4

dunno where shud i start..but am having real trouble understanding file handling...

Do you have a book? Start at the beginning of the chapter on file handling. Read it until you get to something you don't understand and then ask for clarification. We need to know what you need help with. We already know that you need help (you started a thread, that's how we know).

Also, please write full English sentences, otherwise your posts are very hard to read.

Gee, I was gonna say that! :icon_twisted:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.