Hi all,

I'm not sure whether I should post this topic here because its about sql but since I'm working on C#, I figured people here would know.

What do you think is better/What would you prefer, a disconnected or a connected model?

And also, is it possible to execute many queries/commands on a single connection? If yes, what could be the issues possible to arise?

Thanks

Hi it all depends on your system architecture. Sometimes distributed application uses disconnected kind of application wherein messages are pass on message queue or other queuing applications. You also need to check if your current data is indeed current and has not been updated by other client applications.

For your question on a single connection using multiple queries. Yes it is possible to do it that way. But I guess you need to check on asynchronous processing since you don't want to backlog other transactions waiting for your single connection to finished.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.