hi guys,

im currently working on an assignment where i have to create a secure chat room program, it works by one main chat server and then each client can log in and send messages to the server and the server will send the messages back to everyone that is within the room. at the moment everything works, but i have to add encryption which works fine

BUT

each client shares a secretkey with the server ( this s generated via DH parameters) my current problem is that one client will use the secretkey, encrypt the message(DES-CBC) and send to the server, but the server sends that encrypted message to everyone who cant decrypt it as they have their own secretkeys with the server.

is there anyway i could someone save a each clients secretkey into an array of some sort, that way i could decrypt the message onceit reaches the server and then encrypt it again with each clients secretkey and send it accordingly?

thanks guys

Why was this thread marked as solved?

Hi..would it be possible for you to send me the codes you used to create the mobile chat room..i'm new to java but i want to create a mobile chat room..please send it to <EMAIL SNIPPED>..thanks

Hi..would it be possible for you to send me the codes you used to create the mobile chat room..i'm new to java but i want to create a mobile chat room..please send it to <EMAIL SNIPPED>..thanks

Nobody will send you just because of your request work worth of few weeks because you ask...

Thread closed. I recommend you read this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.