I know that this topic, sending sms for MS Access, is very widely discussed and believe me for its very confusing. My question is the following. I use a MS Access Application and want to send sms messages directly from within MS Access to clients. I also use Outlook 2007 that provide me the option of sending sms messages from within Outlook 2007. My sms service provider is already setup within Outlook 2007.
My provider HTTP = https://www.vodacommessaging.co.za/oms/service.asmx
Password = 630516
Userid = johankotze

As you all know, one can send an email directly from a MS Access application. But how can one do it with sms messages as the gateway is already setup within Outlook 2007

This is my email code

Private Sub EmailClientCmd_Click()
'Set the Outlook controls to create a new message
Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutlookMail = OutlookApp.CreateItem(0)

'Set the FROM field
OutlookMail.SentOnBehalfOfName = strFrom

'Set the TO field
OutlookMail.To = Me.Email

'Set the CC field
OutlookMail.CC = strCCAddress

'Set the SUBJECT field
OutlookMail.Subject = Me.Insurer & " - Polis#/Policy#: " & Me.PolicyNr

'Set the BODY field
 OutlookMail.HTMLBody = "<FONT face=Verdana color=#000000 size=2><BR><BR><BR>Johan Kotzé<BR>082 6583465<BR></FONT><CENTER><FONT face=Verdana color=#FF0000 size=2><B>JK BROKERS</B></FONT><FONT face=Verdana color=#848484 size=1><BR>Is an authorised financial services provider (FSP#: 5019) <BR> 7 Barlinka Street Riebeek Kasteel 7307 South Africa<BR> P.O Box 181 Riebeek Kasteel 7307 South Africa<BR> Tel#: 022 4481738, Fax#: 086 6681738 <BR>Email: <A href= Mailto:jkbrokers@telkomsa.net><FONT face=Verdana color=#848484>jkbrokers@telkomsa.net</A><BR>Web site:<A href=www.jkbrokers.co.za><FONT face=Verdana color=#848484>www.jkbrokers.co.za</A></CENTER><BR><FONT face=Verdana color=#000000><B>Disclaimer:</B><BR>The information contained in this communication may be confidential of nature. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, than please delete this message."

'Show the message to the user
OutlookMail.Display

End Sub

This code bring up the new email messages window in Outlook 2007. I want to change it so that can bring up the new sms (text) message window within Outlook 2007

Johan, jy is in vir 'n klomp kopsere hier...

For everybody else to understand, you firstly need to reference the sms API to use its functions. There is much better ways of solving this in different languages. I am using the best out there in ALL my applications.
Go to http://www.clickatel.com/ where you can download thye code/application. They give you 5 free test sms's to test your app. From there you pay for every sms send, at the best rates available. I hope this works for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.