Hey there,

I'm new to java and I need to write a string that i generated in my code to an output file. I'm currently writing the string to the standard output like so :

System.out.println("K_"+Receiver+",t"+msgnum+"(R("
+Receiver+",t"+msgnum+"("+out1+")))");

All the types e.g. 'Receiver' or 'out1' are of type string. Could anyone show me how to open a file for writing and then write this information to the file? Is there some sort of file writer equivalent for system.out.println()? Thanks very much

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey there,

I'm new to java and I need to write a string that i generated in my code to an output file. I'm currently writing the string to the standard output like so :

All the types e.g. 'Receiver' or 'out1' are of type string. Could anyone show me how to open a file for writing and then write this information to the file? Is there some sort of file writer equivalent for system.out.println()? Thanks very much

You can read about File streams of java :
Anywayz I give you some code ... You have to write exceptions yourself:

String s ="this is the string you want to write to the file.";
File name = new File("sani.txt");
FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(name);
fw.write(s);
fw.close;

Hey there,

u can use PrintStream out = new PrintStream(new OutputStream(new FileOutputStream(new File("Name of ur file"))));
now u can use same line for wrting into file
like this
out.println("K_"+Receiver+",t"+msgnum+"(R("

it will write to the file don't forgot to import import java.io.*;
if any doubts please revert

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.