Write a student advisory program that will enable each assignment group member, to view the total GPA scored so far and the points required to move to advanced Diploma or win a scholarship. The program must produce one the following outputs and an advisory message for each assignment group member, depending on his/her results.

Output 1 -
You have scored highest marks in COMP/INTE_________and lowest marks in COMP/INTE_______________.
Your GPA is ______________.
Advisory Message
You are eligible for Advanced Diploma. You need ________points more to avail of a scholarship and continue to Advanced Diploma.
Output 2-

Advisory Message
You are not yet eligible for Advanced Diploma. You need _______ points more to continue to Advanced Diploma.

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

please do try this on your own, atleast just try and then where you get stuck, we will have a look :)

commented: Well said. +9

Can you write a program that just prints the words (strings) you have above?
...even with the __blanks__?

That would be a good first step.

I don't understand what u say

please I want this program befor starday

he is asking if you can code....

ok lets do this step by step...

write a basic application that will either print to the console or display a message box with the text that you specified in the 1st post

don't Know

pleas help me

commented: Enough with this nonsense -1

Do you have anything written so far?

If not, is there anyone else in the class that can show you how to get a program started?

It is easy for most programmers to simply GIVE you the code, but I'm assuming you want to LEARN HOW to program this. Right?

I want to write this program in c#
this program is how to calculate GPA???

please help me

If you don't make an effort soon, it will be an easy calculation

GPA = 0;

start helping yourself and then we will help where you struggle..

ok no need for u any things

Don't spam the board please.

Please read the rules before posting again, in particular the 'keep it organized' one :

1. Do not post homework problems expecting a quick answer without showing any effort yourself. This especially pertains to the software development forums.

2. Do not post threads with generic subjects such as "HELP ME" or "PROBLEM". Instead, clearly state a phrase describing the problem as the thread's title. Do not flood the forum by posting the same question more than once (ie in multiple forums).

If you hit 10 infraction points your account gets an automatic ban, so it is worth obeying the rules if you want to continue to benefit from DaniWeb help.

We only give help to those who show effort. You might want to read the homework policy if you run into problems and want to ask for help here.

oops... i wanted to rate the post negative... and i clicked on the positive...some 1 plz fix

never mind... fixed

Apparently your only effort is going to be "please help me ". Read adatapost's post (#16) and the rules. This thread is done.

commented: Thanks! +9
commented: Yay +4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.