hi every body..... ^_^

i have these problem in linked list and i need some one to answer it please.....

Develop menu driven C++ program to manage the College of Science Book Store. Your program should maintain three linked lists: one for books, another one for students and a third one for the loans transactions. When your program starts it should read the books information, students information and loans information from three separate files “books.txt”, “students.txt” and “loans.txt”. An example format of theses files is shown below. You need to:
1. Design and implement a Book structure to encapsulate a book object. Each book has title, author, ID and number of copies. Assume book IDs are unique.
2. Design and implement a BookList class to encapsulate a linked list of Book objects. Provide all necessary functions.
3. Design and implement a Student structure to encapsulate a student object. Each student has name and ID. Assume student IDs are unique.
4. Design and implement a StudentList class to encapsulate a linked list of Student objects. Provide all necessary functions.
5. Design and implement a Loan structure to encapsulate loan transactions in the book store. A Loan object has the Book ID, the Student ID, and the semester when the book is borrowed (e.g. SP10).
6. Design and implement a LoanList class to encapsulate a linked list of Loan objects. Provide all necessary functions.
7. Your program should provide a menu that would allow for the following functionalities:
a. Adding and deleting a book.
b. Adding and deleting a student.
c. Borrowing a book: this means creating a new node in the LoansList with the student ID and the Book ID.
d. Returning a book: this means deleting the node from the LoansList with the specific Student ID and Book ID.
e. List all books borrowed by a specific student.
f. List all students borrowing a specific book.
g. List all books ordered by ID, ascending and designingly. Use recursive functions.
h. List all students ordered by name.
8. Use operator overloading as necessary and other OOP rules and concepts.
9. Handle all errors using appropriate exception handling techniques. Errors include, but are not limited to, no copies to lend a book, no student with a given id/name, no book with a given id/name, missing or wrong information in the input files.
10. When the user chooses to quit the program, you should write the contents of all lists to data files.

Books.txt

Book 1 title
Book 1 author
Book 1 ID
Book 1 copies
Book 2 title
Book 2 author
Book 2 ID
Book 2 copies

Students.txt

Student 1 name
Student 1 ID
Student 2 name
Student 2 ID

Loans.txt

Student 1 ID
Book 1 ID
Semester 1
Student 2 ID
Book 2 ID
Semester 2

/////
i hope some one help me.....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Post your teacher's email address and the course number of the class you are taking so that we can e-mail the program to him/her.

commented: LOL :) +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.