Hi,

I am dynamically creating some labels with a contextmenu associated with them and I am having few menuitems also in the context menu. The context menu will be called when a label right-clicked( or clicked-hold) I have written an evenhandler to be called when a menu item is clicked. Once the eventhandler is called I want to get the text of the label from which the menu was invoked. Any idea how to get it?

For example

Let the label be "LABEL"

LABEL ----(RightClick)------>CONTEXT-MENU----(ItemClick)------>Event(I want to get the LABEL.text in this event)

-anoop

Okay that looks a little bit confusing. But I think you can get it done like this:

Firstly declare a class-level variable "ClickedLabel":

// Declare here
Label ClickedLabel = null;

public Form1()
{
   InitializeComponent();
}

Secondly add "MouseUp" event for the label OR make an event "AllLabels_MouseUp" and set that for all the labels. And use this code:

private void AllLabels_MouseUp(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
            if (e.Button == System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Right)
                LabelClicked = (sender as Label);
}

And you can access the label from the "Context Menu --> Item Click" event like this:

// An example for getting the Text
string labelText = ClickedLabel.Text

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply
I tried like this

lblColor.MouseUp += new MouseEventHandler(lblColor_MouseUp);
void lblColor_MouseUp(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
        {
            //IMPLEMENTATION
        }

but the event was never called
I already have a lblColor.Click event in place, but I cant use for my purpose since when you right click it wont be called.

-Anoop

You might be making some mistake. The MouseUp event is always called (after Click event if its fired).

Can you post your code please?

Thanks

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.