Hi Everyone,

I would like to get some help in a way to convert C code to DLX assembly code.I have tried to search if there are tools available which would perform this, but whatever I find is to convert to MIPS assembly code.

Guidance to move further in this direction would be of great help.

Thanks.

Comments
violation of the multiple-post policy

Assuming you have a C compiler for a DLX (whatever that is), this is trivial, since most C conpilers (all the ones I have ever seen) have an option to save the assembly language output to a file. This takes advantage of the way many compilers are written, ie. they convert the C code to assembly language, and then run the assembler.

Assuming you have a C compiler for a DLX (whatever that is), this is trivial, since most C conpilers (all the ones I have ever seen) have an option to save the assembly language output to a file. This takes advantage of the way many compilers are written, ie. they convert the C code to assembly language, and then run the assembler.

yes, thats true. I am in a situation where in I find C compiler which would compile in assembly language, but not as per the instruction set of DLX processor. I was looking for if somebody has an idea, about any C compiler which would compile in DLX instruction set.

Posting the same question in multiple forums is a violation of web-site policy.
Please go back and read the rules.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.