I recieved a warning error as below

[C++ Warning] HMLP.cpp(4): W8058 Cannot create pre-compiled header: write failed

which was refer to the code below

#pragma hdrstop

After check with help file in Borland C++ Builder 6 the statement was as below

This warning is issued when pre-compiled headers are enabled but the compiler could not generate one, for one of the following reasons:

Reason Explanation

write failed: The compiler could not write to the pre-compiled header file. This is usually due to the disk being full.

which I don't have a problem regarding of disk being full.

Anyone have any idea to overcome the problem. Thank you

Shake

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is the file read-only?

Sorry... what file read only? The code was written in Borland C++ Builder, where the warning error is occur after the code being compile

Sorry... what file read only? The code was written in Borland C++ Builder, where the warning error is occur after the code being compile

The precompiled header that it's trying to create.

I remember from my Borland days that these precompiled header files are gigantic and exercise the disk drive well. They do accumulate with time. Maybe you are out of disk space?!

I have 30GB free out of 40GB hard disk. So it was not the case of disk full. Even though the compiler error show that one of the reason is full disk. Anyone have any idea or suggestion

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.