hello all,
I need assistance on MS Access 2007 database with C#, I have a form with many textboxes.. and i need to store these userfilled data to my database! and after that I need to see detail of any perticular item form database!!! please say how to do this...

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by finito
Featured Replies
    sknake 1,622   6 Years Ago

[QUOTE=finito;1220962]Well The Insert Statement in SQL would look like Insert INTO TABLE1 (FIRST_NAME) VALUES ('" + textbox2.text + "') did you connect your database and fill your dataset?[/QUOTE] You should always use parameterized queries. An example of parameters with OleDb: [code] private void buttonUpload_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { using (OleDbConnection … Read More

bausahab what you are asking for is the main functionality.

Hmm Can you show what you have done so far?

just created a Form with textboxes and a access database.. and created query.
now want to save Form data to data base.. please give an illustrative coding for this problem..

oops! I connected database to my project already..and " conn.open();" just need how to add data in database with Form's textboxes.? for the present I am seeing your given links..and thanks for being online

Edited by bausahab: n/a

well .. I have one .. what code shoul I write for the inserting data into database.?
while I am adding string into " textbox2.text" and wnat to save it to database's TABLE 1> FIRST_NAME.. is it someting clear?:S

Well The Insert Statement in SQL would look like

Insert INTO TABLE1 (FIRST_NAME) VALUES ('" + textbox2.text + "')

did you connect your database and fill your dataset?

Well The Insert Statement in SQL would look like

Insert INTO TABLE1 (FIRST_NAME) VALUES ('" + textbox2.text + "')

did you connect your database and fill your dataset?

You should always use parameterized queries. An example of parameters with OleDb:

private void buttonUpload_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
      using (OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(connStr))
      {
        conn.Open();
        using (OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand("Insert Into IMG (IMG) Values (?)", conn))
        {
          cmd.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("@IMG", OleDbType.Binary)).Value = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(@"C:\picture2.bmp");
          cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
        }
        conn.Close();
      }
    }

It is very similar when using ODBC or SQL data access objects as well.

I have many textboxes for to submit details of a student and I need to add these details to database(MS access).. how can I do this .. can you Please write any illustrative code for this task?? I maked database as equal fields in my form's textboxes are.... and connect this database to my project.. with adapter and dataset.. now the INSERing data is remaining.. Please solve.

Like Sknake said

using (OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand("Insert Into IMG (IMG) Values (?)", conn))

now Just Add a comma

public static OleDbDataAdapter CreateCustomerAdapter(OleDbConnection conn)
{
  OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter();
  OleDbCommand cmd;

// Create the SelectCommand.

cmd = new OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM Customers " +
                       "WHERE Country = @Country AND City = @City", conn);

cmd.Parameters.Add("@Country", OleDbType.VarChar, 15);
  cmd.Parameters.Add("@City", OleDbType.VarChar, 15);

da.SelectCommand = cmd;

// Create the InsertCommand.

cmd = new OleDbCommand("INSERT INTO Customers (CustomerID, CompanyName) " +
                       "VALUES (@CustomerID, @CompanyName)", conn);

cmd.Parameters.Add("@CustomerID", OleDbType.Char, 5, "CustomerID"); // Here "CustomerID" would be textBox1.text
  cmd.Parameters.Add("@CompanyName", OleDbType.VarChar, 40, "CompanyName"); //Here "CustomerName" would be textBox2.text and so on

da.InsertCommand = cmd;

return da;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.oledb.oledbdataadapter.insertcommand%28VS.71%29.aspx

Edited by finito: n/a

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.