I'VE A PROJECT AND I'M JUST START LEARNING JAVA SO I NEED HELP . HOW SHOULD I START WITH THIS PROJECT ............?????

Design and code a Java application to store and manage the rates of some currencies of interest and to perform conversions between them. The application should have a proper Graphical User Interface (use java.awt.* and / or javax.swing.* package), should store the rates of currencies in a file, and should provide the following functionalities:

- The user can add a new currency with its associated rate.
- The user can delete one of the existing currencies.
- The user can set / change the rate associated with a particular currency.
- The user can convert the value of a certain amount from a chosen currency to another one.
- The user can generate a log representing a history of all the conversions made in one particular session (i.e. at each program run)

You must choose a reference currency to make the storage and conversion effective and you can use the following currencies as a starting point:

Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
Euro (EUR)
United States Dollar (USD)
British Pound (GBP)
Japanese Yen (JPY)
Chinese Yuan (CNY)

THANKS ALOT

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Start with the Java tutorials in this forum.

what griswolf said. And the ones on Sun's website, and the books and notes your teacher told you to get/make, etc. etc.

Tons of information there, more than enough to learn to do this easily.

Thanks for your help , but if you knew any websites that can give me some exmples that will be great ...

Thanks agian

Like JWenting said:
'What Griswolf said'

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.