Hi guys,
I am getting similar "identifier cannot be found" errors, except with "mkdir"

they look like:
1>------ Build started: Project: shot_detect, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>film.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\kedar\my documents\downloads\shotdetect-1.0.86\shotdetect-1.0.86\src\film.cpp(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ffmpeg/swscale.h': No such file or directory
1>image.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\kedar\my documents\downloads\shotdetect-1.0.86\shotdetect-1.0.86\src\image.cpp(48) : error C3861: 'mkdir': identifier not found
1>c:\documents and settings\kedar\my documents\downloads\shotdetect-1.0.86\shotdetect-1.0.86\src\image.cpp(62) : error C3861: 'mkdir': identifier not found
1>main.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\kedar\my documents\downloads\shotdetect-1.0.86\shotdetect-1.0.86\src\main.cpp(56) : error C3861: 'getopt': identifier not found
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\kedar\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\shot_detect\shot_detect\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>shot_detect - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any suggestions. I'm trying to compile from source a program to detect shot boundaries in movie files. I'm not sure which operating system it was developed in.

thanks,
Kedar

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>>fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ffmpeg/swscale.h': No such file or directory

It should have been pretty obvious that the compiler can not find one of the include files. Check your computer and find out if you have swscale.h

>>error C3861: 'mkdir': identifier not found
You need to include the header file that declares mkdir()

>>error C3861: 'getopt': identifier not found
My guess is that the program was written for *nix. For MS-Windows or other operating systems you may have to write your own version of getopt(), or find a freeware version on the web.

commented: that was helpful. thank you. +0

Sweeeeeeeeeett!!!!!!!!

Awesome. Thank you.
I took your advice and was able to find Windows alternatives for mkdir and getopt online and include them....and then "All is well..All is well"

thanks for that super quick response.
Kedar

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.