Anyone know how to open a form inside of a form, that way it doesn't open a new process/ a new bar at the bottom?

How would I do this?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by GAME

You can open the form as a dialog using formObj.ShowDialog(). But that makes the form modal and you cannot navigate away until it is closed. You can also set the ShowInTaskbar property to false for a non-modal form that does not show up in the task bar.

If you really want the form to be inside a parent, that is an MDI setup. It is more complicated than just opening a form with formObj.Show(), but there are plenty of pages to help you. This is one, and another.

Edited by Radical Edward: n/a

With MDI, yes, the child form will be minimized inside the parent. Edward has never tried to minimize a modal dialog or a form with ShowInTaskbar disabled. You will need to test those out for yourself.

Edited by Radical Edward: n/a

I need to make the top of a controlpanel act like the bottom of the form, how would I do that, that way the forms get minimized on top of the control panel

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.