I need to prevent my window from going minimized to tray when I click the Minimize-Button.
I write in native C++ with additional use of DX10, DXGI, Direct2D and DirectWrite.

I proceed the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING. But how did I know if its triggered from a Minimize-Button ( WM_SIZE is already too late ) ?

Problem 2 : Catching messages

MSG	CoreApp::RunMessageLoop()
{
  MSG	msg;
  while ( GetMessage( &msg, NULL, 0, 0 ))
  {	
    Debug_WriteLine ( ganzzahl( msg.message )); // my readout
    TranslateMessage(&msg);
    DispatchMessage(&msg);
  }
  return msg;
}

Why did I get such different numbers like 15,161,674,.. instead of Defines WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING 0x0046 (70) ?

The next questions I ask is a multi-monitoring scenario.
Two windows are generated via CreateWindow() and one of them is set to Fullscreen via DXGISwapchain->SetFullscreenState(true,NULL);

Problem 3:
The titlebar of the windowed window hangs now with their button-lightningeffects, why this ?
There´s nothing to read about that in the DXGI documentation.

Problem 4:
If the windowed rectangle intersects with the fullscreen rectangle it switches back to windowed.
Even in a minimize or restore animation, if it intersects it produces errors.
How can I develop a secure codepath for displaying two windows together (Full and Windowed) ?
How can I guarantee that Fullscreen stays fullscreen ?

Developing since about 20 years I came to the result that I need a cost-expensive Microsoft-Help-Line.

Resume of the Get the right answer within 24 hours ForumContest:
Postet 16x times the same questions in different forums, in hope to get fairly answers.
2x times completely deleted, reason: english as wrong language, from Admin Christian Marquart at: entwickler-forum.de 3x times reasked but not listened or responded to the customer
1x times access barred forever because of affrontment and waste answers from idiots at: forum.chip.de
3x times advised by different members to change the category on one and the same thread, reason: nobody would take insight, really ?
1x moved to a inferior visited category, reason: He must something to do, at: go4expert.com
20x times received grammatically horrible explanatory notes and fraudulent statements from moderators as noobies without taking even a pitty look at the properly meaning (eg. Want to catch WM_MINIMIZE. Answer: Delete the Minimize-Button).
8x empty posts right this time, for what the effort ?
The winner and champion to which the price goes is VictorN at: codeguru.com
Thank you very much VictorN, you are the ONE and ONLY who gives the correct and right answer in the fields of custom-tailored kinkys.

If (fuzzylogic.on )
{
Debug_WriteLine(“Retrieve 1.5mA to set blinking LED”);
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.