Member Avatar for Thew

Hello,
I have problem using StrToDateTime function from Borland in my project. I made a custom component, it's called Month view (calendar). One of the basic steps of the component's initialization is to set the default month and year. To do this, I use the "1/1/2010" string passed to StrToDateTime function. Everything runs OK on my PC but as soon as I try running the application on another PC, it says: "'1/1/2010' is not a valid date". The initialization will fail and calendar won't show up.
Please help me...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That's most likely because the other computer has a different locale. For example, the same date might have to be specified as 01.01.2010 on that system.

Member Avatar for Thew

How can I set it up on Windows XP and Windows 7?
I can't see any differences, this is my Win 7 setting: d. M. rrrr

How can I set it up on Windows XP and Windows 7?

Set up what?

I can't see any differences, this is my Win 7 setting: d. M. rrrr

Then it wouldn't be too surprising if 1/1/2010 is not considered a valid date.

Member Avatar for Thew

Well, the funny part is that this date: 1/1/2010 with this setting: d. M. rrrr is valid on my PC.

That's funny indeed. Instead of relying on the erratic VCL, it's probably better to use a recognized library such as Boost.Date_Time for your needs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.