A friend and I were discussing again.

He said programming requires too much maths knowledge-I said that you just need to know the basics (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication). He also reckons HTML is a programming language ;-)

What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My opinion is, first HTML is not a programming language, is a MARKUP, TECHNOLOGY what ever you want it to call it, but not a programming language.

About math, i would say that all depends on what you are programming, but indeed you can do a lot of work with just the basic math functions.

I agree with you. HTML is markup. It is scripting. Programming involves:

1. coding
2. compiling
3. running
4. testing
5. debugging

Now C# with emebedded HTML is different ;-)

The difficulty level of Maths in your apps can vary from the very basic to the very complex.

What sort of apps have you worked on?

My opinion is, first HTML is not a programming language, is a MARKUP, TECHNOLOGY what ever you want it to call it, but not a programming language.

About math, i would say that all depends on what you are programming, but indeed you can do a lot of work with just the basic math functions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.