Hi again,
After a defeat in Linux in other post (which I'm still finding a way), I have decided to give a shot in windows. However it produces DLL fine and I can use LoadLibrary(). I need it to produce .a file for static linking. How do i do it?
I use MinGW with CodeLite IDE.
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm not familiar with CodeLite, but I'd say take another look at your project-creation options. I suspect that shared libraries (*.dll) and static libraries (*.a) are different project types. I know they are in Code::Blocks and in MS-VC++.

Also check the MinGW documentation, you can probably just change a couple compiler flags in your current project.

I'm not familiar with CodeLite, but I'd say take another look at your project-creation options. I suspect that shared libraries (*.dll) and static libraries (*.a) are different project types. I know they are in Code::Blocks and in MS-VC++.

You are right but don't MSVC produce .lib file when creating DLL? I want to use it for linking instead of providing some sort of .def file. How that goe? I'm still searching on net for solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.