Hi again,
After a defeat in Linux in other post (which I'm still finding a way), I have decided to give a shot in windows. However it produces DLL fine and I can use LoadLibrary(). I need it to produce .a file for static linking. How do i do it?
I use MinGW with CodeLite IDE.
Thanks!

I'm not familiar with CodeLite, but I'd say take another look at your project-creation options. I suspect that shared libraries (*.dll) and static libraries (*.a) are different project types. I know they are in Code::Blocks and in MS-VC++.

Also check the MinGW documentation, you can probably just change a couple compiler flags in your current project.

Edited 6 Years Ago by Fbody: n/a

I'm not familiar with CodeLite, but I'd say take another look at your project-creation options. I suspect that shared libraries (*.dll) and static libraries (*.a) are different project types. I know they are in Code::Blocks and in MS-VC++.

You are right but don't MSVC produce .lib file when creating DLL? I want to use it for linking instead of providing some sort of .def file. How that goe? I'm still searching on net for solution.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.