Hi,

I am trying to run a installer file that is compiled in python 2.5 on fedora 10 to the new upgraded python 2.6 on fedora 13
while trying to run the installer file this error occurs
RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file
The pyc files are compiled in python version 2.5 and now i am trying to use that
files in python 2.6
Anybody have a solution kindly advice me..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you only have the .pyc files (and not the .py files), the best solution is to install a version of python 2.5 on your system and run the installer with this version of python. You can have several versions of python on the same system (I currently use 2.5, 2.6 and 3.1).

If you only have the .pyc files (and not the .py files), the best solution is to install a version of python 2.5 on your system and run the installer with this version of python. You can have several versions of python on the same system (I currently use 2.5, 2.6 and 3.1).

But automatically along with fedora 13 python 2.6.4 is available. .so its not a problem .. right ..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.