Hi all ,

How can I send Service command in pys60 , I read it's available in S60 3rd Ed FP2 not in FP1 ,... So what does this mean ???? Is there a difference when I'm writing a code using python targeting FP2 devices or FP1 devices ??

If I have a device that is FP1 , Can't I design a code and give it to people with FP2 devices to test it ???

I'm new in python (pys60) and I still confused about its main concepts , so be patient ..

Many thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

It's like this, theres no python module for that, but you can write one using the Symbian C++ SDK API Plug-in package for S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 wich includes the Phone Client USSD API.

It's like this, theres no python module for that, but you can write one using the Symbian C++ SDK API Plug-in package for S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 wich includes the Phone Client USSD API.

Hi Beat_Slayer , It's been a while since we've met ....

As a newbie in python so bear with me .... My own device that I test my applicaions on it is FP1 , And I've installed Symbian SDK 3rd Ed FP1 , and I unziped Python SDK FP1 on it , and I installed PythonForS60 2.0.0 and Python 2.5 .

Now If I want to use these API that exists in FP2 , What should I do ???

Can I test my python application that include these APIs on emulator ??? and tell the user that this application works only on FP2 ??!!

Using these APIs require using SymbianC++ ???

I'm confused till now about all these main concepts , I used to use VS.Net where every thing in one place (IDE).

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Theres no module for python.

It's quite like this, best to go with Symbian C++, and yes only for FP2.

Or you can write a scriptext for that API, but it would still work on FP2, and it's quite some code.

Happy coding.

Many thanks for your help - as usual - , but I think I'm gonna leave it for a while till I got stable in Python and Symbian C++.

Many thanks , and looking forward to meet again.

Happy pythoning.

I was doing a litle research now, and I think there may be a way around.

I'll do a litle more reading and research when I'm back home, and post later it later.

:D

You would be the hero if you could do this ..... Looking forward to hear your new idea ....

Hi Beat_Slayer , I'v found this article :

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Sending_USSD_commands

talking about using AT Commands to send USSD commands in S60 3rd ED , but it describe this in C++ ( Which I don't know much about it yet ) , and I don't know if AT command exist in Pys60 or not .,,,,,,,,,,

I hope this may give you a new idea about how to solve this problem , And I'll keep searching trying to figure more information about it.

Hi, I've been messing around, and seems that only on Symbian C++.

You can send USSD AT commands on FP1, but not all of them.

The solution would be with a scriptext for that API.

"You can send USSD AT commands on FP1, but not all of them"

How can we do this ??

By the way , There is PyBluez-0.18.win32-py2.6.exe which can send AT commands to mobile device , and when I tested it I found that I can use it to send USSD , and now I'm trying to figure out how to work this out on mobile device ....

So how do you think we can use "btsocket" to send AT commands to ourselves ???

I'm still looking , if these hints can give you any idea to solve this USSD issue , that would be appreciated.

Hi MrAlshahawy,

some commands are available on the FP1 API's the others only on the FP2 API's, but thats again only on Symbian C++.

I'll give a try on the sending and receiving on the same device using the btsocket, but it depends a lot on what youre tryning to achieve, and how you pass them to the system.

Cumps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.