Hi,

I'm new to C/C++ but have worked with PHP for years and want to make a program to tie in with my web applications.

I want to write a program that listens on port 80 for incoming HTTP/HTTPS traffic to a web browser. Then checks HTTP headers from a list, if header(s) are present then save it to a text file and remove header before sending to back to the browser.

Example

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-type: text/html
X-Gateway-Id: value

(content of page)

So the server sends the above HTTP response and the program removes "X-Gateway-Id: value" and stores in text file and sends the following to the web browser:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-type: text/html

(content of page)

Please if you could show me links that would help or some examples that would be great.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There are plenty of example source code in the web.

Refer this guide for a start.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is the job to learn the basics but after reading this can you tell me what i should be searching for, at the moment I using "C++ modify http traffic/responses" etc.

Thanks again.

Assuming you're using Windows, you should search for "winapi recv hooking" and "winapi detours".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.