Hello,

I am new to printing in vb.net. I have a project (not from school) where I need to be able to print content that is entered by users. The rest of the app is already made. I need to print the following:

A Title with a line under it,
A Space

A Heading
Followed by text from an RTF file that is already formatted

Then another space, followed by a Heading,
Followed by text form another RTF file, also pre-formatted.

I would also like to place text in the header and footer, but maybe that will come later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you,
Greg

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Thank you, I will look into them

Perhaps one of these projects can be useful.
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/printing/

Thank you for the link, however it didn't exactly solve my problem. I am starting to grasp the concept of printing, but I could not find information on how to print formatted content from a RichTextBox.

Could you please advise me on this.

Thanks once again,
Greg

In all honestly, I have no experience with what you're attempting.
But I am fairly competent in using Google, and applying what I learn from there in my own projects.

Have you read this MS article? Getting WYSIWYG Print Results from a .NET RichTextBox

Thank you! I worked! I can finally print rtf. Although this doesn't solve my initial problem, it does work. I have modifided the rtf code to place a header on the top, as well as coping the data from other rtf files into one large one, then printing that.

Thanks for your help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.