Hi All,
Am new to this area, it would great if any one help me on my request.
I would like to retrieve each words co-ordiantes (x,y axis) from a jpg file, which is scanned hard copy.
I know this can be done with the help of OCR sdk's. But i dont know how to integrate those sdk's with my .net application and retrieve the value. It would be great if some one suggest me the best way or sample codes to do that.....

Regards,
Nanda

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't know how to recognise the character, but this code could help you:

Imports System.Drawing

' image is PictureBox control

Dim bitmap As New Bitmap("LOCATION TO IMAGE")
        Dim rectangle As New Rectangle(New Point(image.Location.X, image.Location.Y), New Size(bitmap.Size.Width, bitmap.Size.Height))

image.DrawToBitmap(bitmap, rectangle)

For i = 0 To bitmap.Size.Width Step +1
            For f = 0 To bitmap.Size.Height Step +1
                If bitmap.GetPixel(i, f) = Color.Black Then
                    ' add cordinates to some ListBox or array
                End If
            Next
        Next

Thanks Jugo,
But what am exactly looking for is: I have a scanned copy of a page (saved as .jpg file), from that .jpg i need to find out the each words x and y axis.
I came to know that using OCR tools we can retrieve words but the thing is i want the co-ordinates too...

Regards,
Nanda

There is no easy way to achieve this.
But the newest version of this third-party component has functionality for it.
http://www.ocrtools.com/fi/Default.aspx

Thanks Oxiegen, :)
Already i have gone thro that page, my request is "how to integrate the sdk in .net"

Regards,
Nanda

If the file that you have downloaded is dll library, add reference to your project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.