KrisB 0 Newbie Poster

Hello!
I've been searching the web for nearly a week now trying to figure out how to read the information a user can enter into an interactive web excel spreadsheet.

More precisely, I need for a user to enter an unlimited amount of numbers and I need to be able to read the numbers and enter them into a database (SQL Server). To protect from user errors, my team thought it might be a good idea to provide the Excel Spreadsheet in a web page and users can just paste the information directly into it, and then click a button to upload the information to our database.

I have found that Javascript can read the variables entered into the Excel Spreadsheet, but I cannot find how to code directly into the VB.NET (2003) environment. I would prefer NOT to use Javascript if possible.

If someone could point me in the right direction so that I can find
information that is already available on the web, or if someone could share an example of how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.