Tweed 0 Newbie Poster

First of all I know this has been asked several times before but I cannot get mine to work. Anyway, on the developer computer I have created a Class Library that contains COM classes. I have also created an Excel 2003 Addin that references the .tlb file that is created from the .NET COM Class. So on my end everything is working fine.

Now the trouble. I have the files saved locally but need to have them on the server for other team members to be able to modify the Addin - not the .tlb/.DLL. So I just simply copy/pasted my .tlb file and the Addin onto the network. Obviously this wasn't going to work.

So after getting the ActiveX error I researched registering the .tlb files using Regasm.exe, and that worked to no avail. I also used the Regsvr32.exe - nothing. So then I read about using the Setup Wizard project in .NET to distribute the appropriate files. One problem, I don't know what I'm doing and cannot find any information on the subject. So basically, how do I get this thing to work? Does anybody know the step-by-step way of creating a deployment application that isn't finished and I only need the .tlb files.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.