Hi there,
I have some questions regarding insert update and select queries in VS 2008. When writing select update and insert queries where should I write them. Is it in a class in visual studio or is it in the database as a stored procedure or something else. At the moment I am using the mdf file as the temporary database file how can I write stored procedures and call then in the visual studio class.

thanxxxxxx

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm sure there are better ways to do this, but here's a short tutorial I wrote a couple of weeks ago on databases.

Hope this helps

You can add stored procedures from VS if you open the DB in the Server Explorer (View Menu - Server Explorer).
If your DB is not already in the window then you will have to open it using the "Connect to Database" button at the top of the window.
Once open, you should be able to find a "Strored Procedures" folder. Right click and select "Add New Stored Procedure".
You will need to know SQL to write the procedure. That is too much for me here.
Maybe someone else could provide some suitable links that will help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.