how to make disable for 'task manager' when i press Ctrl+Alt+Del (in c#)?

pls could you help me my all fri.

very appreciate your help :)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Why would you want to do this though?

The only reason I could see for disabling task manager is if you're trying to do something you shouldn't be and don't want the user to be able to abort your processes.

Also, administrator (on many OS's) has the ability to lock out task manager access to non-admin users on a per-machine basis so there should be no reason to be doing so programatically for any valid purpose I can see.

Ctrl+Alt+Del is captured by the OS and is not easily blocked. Your C# app never sees the key combination.
There are a few work arrounds that can be found by Googling.
Most of these involve low level hooks and can lead to crashing the OS if not implemented properly.
Unless you are experienced with OS hooks I would not try.

You can disable that shortcut in the registry. Theres a post that shows you how to do it here although this kind of thing always feels a little to "nasty" for my tastes : / Im sure its just me, there must be SOME genuine reason for preventing your user from escaping your program

hi all, Thanks for your reply . :)
Yes, i know it's a bit dangerous to handle OS (regarding this kind of matter) .
I'll try Ryshad's link .

You can disable that shortcut in the registry. Theres a post that shows you how to do it here although this kind of thing always feels a little to "nasty" for my tastes : / Im sure its just me, there must be SOME genuine reason for preventing your user from escaping your program

I did not know about that one. Thanks.
One legitimate use is in industrial applications where it is necessary to prevent the operators from running other apps (i.e. Games). The task manager window has a "New Task" button that can be used to start apps so it is sometimes necessary to block it.

I did not know about that one. Thanks.
One legitimate use is in industrial applications where it is necessary to prevent the operators from running other apps (i.e. Games).

See, now I wouldn't have thought of that reason :twisted: Guess it shows where my head's at at 3am (when I was first reading this thread).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.