hi there,
does anybody know how to create a user input message box in C#
thanxxx

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If you're referring to a prompt (like a show dialog), there are no built in functions for that (to my knowledge). You'll need to add a new form to your program, and display that form as the "input prompt" and then either pass the values back to your main form, or access the values from your parent form.

If this isn't what you're referring to, let us know

If you're referring to a prompt (like a show dialog), there are no built in functions for that (to my knowledge). You'll need to add a new form to your program, and display that form as the "input prompt" and then either pass the values back to your main form, or access the values from your parent form.

If this isn't what you're referring to, let us know

yeah something like that, i want the user to enter a msg until then the user enters tha data u can't go out of that form.

so it is like a input message box

Yer it would be most appropriate to creat a new form that, when visible, makes the other form inaccessible (can be achieved a few different ways) with a simple label making the request for the 'data', a text box to accept this data and a button which will handle the data accordingly. Hard to help any more though unless you give specifics. If what you're asking is if there is a class already defined for you to instance a message box (with the typical ok/yes/no buttons) but with the additional option for user to enter data somehow - not that I know of.

Have a look at this thread, it started just 3 days ago.
Did you know this site has a search function?

Did you know this site has a search function?

The basic search offered by this site at the top is usually very unhelpful.
Entering this thread title does not give the thread you linked.
In fact the only C# thread it gave is this one, and that is 10th in the list.
Entering "Input Box" gives more entries but again no c# threads on the first page.
It seems always necessary to do an advanced search to filter on the sub-forum,
which is only possible after having done a initial, useless basic search.
It is no wonder that newbies always post the same questions.
It is too difficult to find existing threads on the same topic for the code type they are interested in.

[Edit]Filtering on C# sub-forum with search text "input box" still does not give the thread you linked. ?????

[Edit 2]Googling "input box daniweb" gives the thread you linked first. Figure that one out!

@nick.crane
Could not agree with you more!
It would indeed be very handy if you could do a search in say Java threads.
I found the thread, because I knew it was from a couple of days ago.
If I do a search here, I try to include the word C# in my search string.
Which does not help very much either, but just a little.

as another tid bit here... my friend just showed me this trick. You can limit Google's searches to certain sites.

Example: site:daniweb.com input box
Linked Example

How cool!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.