I am trying to build a scientific calculator. However, I have two major problems.

1. The decimal to separate the tens from the tenth

2. Modulus which outputs the remainder of the division of two numbers.

Remainder = dividend – quotient * divisor;

I can get the rest, but I am having problems on how to input these into programming. If anyone knows how to use this for Visual C++.net, please help. Also, I am using GUI (Graphics User Interface). I am suppose to build a modulus button.

I'm reading your post and I can't really get what the problem is, especially with the decimal.. The reminder you can find using the % operator. More information and details you can find here: http://www.intap.net/~drw/cpp/cpp03_04.htm

You know how a calculator has a dot( the period) to create a decimal system. When creating a calculator, how do you make the calculator recognize that the number is a decimal. It has to be more than just a dot coming out, right? The calculations has to recognize that the number is a decimal. I don't know how to put that in C++.

I made the calculator using GUI(Windows application systems). BUt, what do I do to make the decimal come out. LIke 12.25 multiply by 3.74, so that a decimal number comes out.

Also, thanks for the website. So, will C++.net recognize the modulus. So i was thinking like placing

output = op1( input of first number) % op2( input of second number)
textbox1::text-> output.string()

So, should this work. I mean, will it recognize the % as modulus.

Many GUI programs don't recognize input as anything but strings. They validate the string input and then convert the string input into a type that is appropriate for calculations, do the calculations, then display the report again as a string. If that's the way your system works, then there are several options including strtod(), atoi(), stringstreams, sprintf(), etc. to perform the conversions once user has provided original input.

can anybdy help on this question......write a program that uses a for statement to calculate and print the average of several integers. assume the last value read is the sentinel 9999. a typical input sequence might be.

can anybdy help on this question......write a program that uses a for statement to calculate and print the average of several integers. assume the last value read is the sentinel 9999. a typical input sequence might be.

why are you hijacking this thread? create your own new thread. :(

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.