i need help . what are the codes for importing data from access and creating a text file which you save to a certain name. and this text file gets specific information by search. And can all that be done in one button??

Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Yes, it can all be done with one button but you will need to do some reading first...

Okay, first off, let me introduce you to your new best friends, and they are yahoo, google, ask, answers, and bing. What? You say! How can search engines be my new best friends? You ask! Well let me tell you how. These search engines have access to hundreds if not thousands, or more, of articles, code snippets, descriptions of code and so on. So now you will need to learn how to use these powerful tools to help you, and how they can help you is by you using these letters in your search when you search for information on vb6.

So your first search should be for vb6 ado tutorial.

Now, you can also restrict your searches to only vb6 information by using -.net but there are those sites out there that have both .net and vb6 info.

Okay, now that you have that under your belt. Lets also start you off with learning how to use the MSDN help files that come with VB/VS. So now I want you to start VB and start a new standard exe project. Once VB is loaded, press F1 to activate the help files.

When the help files show, click on the index tab and type in the following so that you can read all about these...

FreeFile Function
Open Statement
Input Function
Line Input Function
Print Statement
Close Statement

And finally, lets go back to using your friends and have a search for vb6 access sql tutorial...

Good Luck

for importing data

Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
cn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=" & App.Path & "\database.mdb"
rs.Open "Select *From table1", cn, 3, 4

and others are try as ..........................usual.

Please help me to connect vb2005 with access please

and also please i need a help on creating lookup,search,create a record and close a record,display please anyone

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.