Could anybody please tell me some competitive certification exams for c and c++

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would probably get a degree in Computer Programming (Making sure that C++ is the language used) :)

The only one I know of is Brainbench but it is not a proper certification because you can take the test at home. There are other tests e.g. previsor and IKM.

Could anybody please tell me some competitive certification exams for c and c++

There are none that I'm aware of. Sure, you can find certifications for C and C++, but they are hardly respected in the professional world. It's a waste of money, in my opinion.

I agree with Narue, I have never heard of legitimate certifications for C/C++. In my experience, only experience rings well in employers ears. But personal experience counts too, don't be satisfied with the exercises from a course or book, take some initiative to start your own projects and get experience that way. Then, you may join some open-source projects to gain more professional experience while you are still at school or looking for a job. If you came out of school and have no experience outside of coursework, then it looks pretty bad.. I hope that's not your situation. On the other end, if you have no academic background or "certification" in C++, but have a lot of experience, then don't worry about a "certification" or something, the experience will be impressive enough to possible employers (unless they are brain-dead!), at least that's from my experience and the people I know. For example, in the 3D game industry (which is almost exclusively in C++), in many places, not even half of the people have a computer science degree of some sort, let alone "certifications", many are just talented programmers, sometimes even coming straight out of high-school. If you prove you are talented and experienced by your record of past projects it will far surpass any "certification" or amount of exams you passed and what grades you got.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.