hello, i created an executable from a python project, with py2exe & cx_Freeze for testing, and both versions work fine on my Windows OS, but none work on other PCs (Win32), when i start the executable it says :

'The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect, Reinstalling the application may fix this problem'...

i googled for this problem and some forum posts say : some local files must be missing, but i moved with the exe all the files generated with py2exe or cx_Freeze including the library archive containing all the necessary files needed for the exe to run without a Python installation...can you please help fix the problem? Thanks.

I believe it's a simple path problem, since they are common on win.

Try to create a shortcut for the application, setting the 'start in' option to that folder.

Wich windows it is?

And how about the trying to run it as admin, or in compatibility mode?

I never had problems.

thanks for your help, i found a solution, installing C runtime library on the target machine can fix this problem, here is the link if any one needs it :

Yes because it need "MSVCR90.dll".
For Python2.6, this is MSVCR90.dll version 9.0.21022.8, which can be obtained from the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.

The correct dll is in here,not SP1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

If you got it to work with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package.
Then i guess it`s ok.

Edited 6 Years Ago by snippsat: n/a

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.