Hello i will like to have an explanation to this task:

Make a midlet (called "NetworkSettings") that has List (IMPLICIT type called "mainList") as its main view. "mainList" contains following items: "Encryption", "Basic data" and "Summary" (actually items will describe views). When user selects one of those items from "mainList" and clicks "Change view" command, new view will be shown (e.g. user selects "Basic data" -> "Basic data" -view will be shown). Implement "Change view" command by using SELECT_COMMAND of List object.

"Encryption" view is List that shows several encryption options (choose 4-6 encryption "items" and add them to List). User can select one or more options, but at least one option must select. Mark some option as selected when view is shown. When "Encryption" view is closed (it is up to you how you implement this), Alert view is shown for a couple of seconds (Alert view tells that user has succesfully selected following items ...) and "mainList" view will be shown.

"Basic data" view is Form that contains fields for name of network setting (use TextField) and type (use ChoiceGroup, add 3-5 items to list). User can select only one type (but one type has to select, mark some type as selected by default). Again, user can close "Basic data" view somehow and "mainList" will be shown.

"Summary" view is also Form that shows all data that user has gave (in different views). "Summary" view shows data as read-only. Encryption choices must be shown by using ChoiceGroup with popup-type.

Here is how i started it:

import javax.microedition.midlet.*;
import javax.microedition.lcdui.*;

/**
 * @author emmas4impact
 */
public class NetworkingSetting extends MIDlet implements CommandListener {
    private List mainlist;
    private List encryotion;
    private Command changeview;
    private Form form;

NetworkingSetting(){
        mainlist=new List("Main List",Choice.IMPLICIT);
        changeview=new Command("Change View",Command.ITEM,8);
        mainlist.append("Encryption", null);
        mainlist.append("Basic data", null);
        mainlist.append("Summary", null);
        mainlist.addCommand(changeview);

}
    public void startApp() {
    }

public void pauseApp() {
    }

public void destroyApp(boolean unconditional) {
    }
    public void commandAction(Command c, Displayable d){

}

}

I dont understand how to go further can someone please help me out?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is this a problem that can only be solved in the ME enviroment?
Or can you write the basic menu/list/windows using standard JDK classes and then convert to ME?

There are more of us with the standard classes.

is a problem with ME environment.
Is it possible to write it with standard JDK classes and then convert it to ME?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.