Hello to all!

I'm really new to C# and I've started enjoying the beautiful C# programming language couple of months ago. In fact I've already bought MCTS 70-562 and 70-505 and I've been preparing myself for the demanding Microsoft tests.

However, as we all know MS launched the new platform along with the new version of C# so what i really want to ask is, is it really necessary for me to switch to C# 4.0 immediately since it's the newest version or can I just proceed with my plan and take the exams and then after I've received my certificate start learning .NET 4.0.

Please do reply soon, as I'm really bummed about all this.

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for nssltd

Well to be honest at the moment i don't think it is... i still use Microsoft visual studio 2008 professional and its fine. but heres a shocking statistic i exported 30 copies of my application and none of them have .net framework 4.0! it seems more hassle at the moment, but for now your fine UNTIL Microsoft put in .net 4.0 in an update or something anyway for now your fine but as far as i know the .net framework is backwards compatible.

Hope it helps

NSSLTD

Unless there is something specific in either the development environment or the language version that you want, i would suggest you stick with what you are comfortable with.
I only moved to 2008 because a lot of the posters here use it and i was tired of not being able to open their projects when they needed help :p

commented: Indeed a noble cause! +7

Unless there is something specific in either the development environment or the language version that you want, i would suggest you stick with what you are comfortable with.
I only moved to 2008 because a lot of the posters here use it and i was tired of not being able to open their projects when they needed help :p

Thanks for the prompt reply! cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.