jon.kiparsky 326 Posting Virtuoso

Anyone played with the jxl API before? It's a tool for read/write access to Excel spreadsheets - a little bit dodgy, but it works. I wrote a piece of code for my brother using this a few months ago, and now he's starting to see a warning message, which is pretty clearly coming out of the API, but I can't find anything on it in the API docs.

I'd like to figure out what's causing the error, or failing that I'd like to suppress the warning (it doesn't seem to be affecting functionality) but so far I can't even find where the error is generated, let alone what causes it.

The warning message is: "Warning property storage name for 5 is empty setting to root entry 62."

The first half of that, "Warning property storage name for 5 is empty" comes up twice as a literal string in google, both times in connection with jxl. I've found a place where a static String ROOT_ENTRY_NAME is set to "Root Entry" in the code, but that's as much as I've got so far.

If anyone has any notions, I'd love to hear 'em. If not, I might have to write him that GUI I was planning on doing, so the user won't see any warnings that are thrown to the console. :)