Hello all,

To begin, I am working with a MySQL database using python. In the database, I am working with 3 columns: REF_ENTRY_TIME, REF_EXIT_TIME, REF_ENTRY_VALUE. My goal is to graph the net value position against time. For the time portion, both REF_ENTRY_TIME and REF_EXIT_TIME are random various times between 9:00 and 12:00. REF_ENTRY_VALUE is just a number around 100. In total I have a bout 50 columns.

The net value position is basically the sum of the REF_ENTRY_VALUE’s, but it is only between the entry and exit times. With the following code, I can calculate the net value position at the single time 9:00. However is there anyway I can run a loop to get the net value position for all the times between 9 and 12? And get the corresponding times, so I can graph the results?

I don’t have any trouble with the plotting function matplotlib, I just need help on making the two vectors.

c.execute('SELECT REF_ENTRY_VALUE FROM actual_data_table WHERE REF_ENTRY_TIME<"2010-06-29 09:00:00" and REF_EXIT_TIME>"2010-06-29 09:00:00"')
result2=c.fetchall()
net_position_value=[sum(result2[0:i]) for i in range(1, len(result2)+1)]

That looks like SQL for me. Maybe you could print out result2 so we have real Python input? Or the result of

c.exectute("SELECT REF_ENTRY_VALUE FROM actual_data_table")
result = c.fetchall()
print result

if the result2 does not contain all your data

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.