Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

Sorry about asking all of these questions, but I am making an app and I have had a request for when the user types into the text box he can automatically hit Enter and it will navigate to the specified destination. However I have tried EVERYTHING and I cannot get it to stay default when the user clicks the text box. So it's like this.
The user clicks the text box.
The GO button does not stay default.
How can I get it like this? Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        TextBox1.Text = "http://daniweb.com"
    End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text)
    End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles TextBox1.KeyPress
        If e.KeyChar = Chr(13) Then
            e.Handled = True '// cancel beep noise.
            Button1.PerformClick() '// programatically press button1.
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

Since Textbox1 will probably not be multi-line, pressing the Enter Key will cause a "beep" sound. This beep sound is a Windows error sound to notify the user that the Textbox cannot accept the enter key for a new line.

As in the code posted, I have added a line of code to cancel out the beep noise.:)

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.